Location: Remotely in the UK
Closing date for applications: 30th November 2021
Start date: March 2022
Contract duration: 6 months consultancy contract
Remuneration: Hourly rate based on experience
We rebuild tropical fisheries with coastal communities
Blue Ventures is a marine conservation organization that puts people first. We support coastal fishers in remote and rural communities to rebuild fisheries, restore ocean life and build lasting pathways to prosperity. Our work began two decades ago in Madagascar’s remote coastal communities and is growing globally. Across a dozen countries, we’re partnering with traditional fishers and community organizations to design, scale, strengthen and sustain fisheries management and conservation at the community level. We bring partners together in networks to advocate for reform, and share tools and best practices to support fishing communities across the globe.
Summary job description
We are seeking an experienced and confident accredited coach to provide group coaching sessions to line managers after receiving Blue Ventures People Management online video training sessions.
The aim of the group coaching sessions is to:
- Support staff to get the best from the training programme, ensuring they are proactive and engaged in their learning.
- Ensure staff are supported to try out new approaches, tools and techniques from the training modules and reflect on progress with these to cement their learning.
- Provide the space and support to reflect on personal development and learning with both the support of the coach and peers. Reflection on actions has been shown to be the best way to learn (not just doing).
- Encourage managers to strengthen and leverage the internal support mechanisms already available
- Provide and teach simple techniques that will allow BV Managers to continue to support each other in regular discussion and reflection, should they choose, after the formal programme has ended. The programme will be designed in such a way that peer support is encouraged as a vital learning resource.
- Creating space for these discussions throughout the sessions and in particular, having more space created by the intention setting and the summary sessions will create cohesion and understanding between managers so that this supportive environment and the relationships strengthened throughout the programme can continue beyond the training.
To download the full job description please click here.